Edible Dead Sea Salt
Most people are aware of the health benefits of the Dead Sea Salts but very few know that it has been used for culinary purposes for millennia especially for preserving food and even the human body by the Egyptians!
- Salt is an ionic mineral compound made of sodium and chloride ions and is as essential as water for humans. In fact all life has evolved to depend on its minerals to survive.
- It plays an important role in the systems of the human body and regulating its fluids so we all need and cannot survive without it.
- Salt has been used as a tradable and taxable commodity, as a bartering tool and as money for paying workers and even the word ‘salary’ comes from the Latin word for salt.
- This high quality edible Dead Sea Salt is the result of natural condensation for millennia from a unique area located 400m below sea level in the Jordan Valley. With hot temperatures, very clean dry air, plenty of sunshine and little precipitation, the natural waters of the Dead Sea produces pure salt crystals that contain a high concentration of more than 21 healthful minerals - making it 10 times higher than any regular salt.
- The salt is extracted by pumping water from the Dead Sea into solar ponds that are sun dried and monitored by satellite to determine when the salt is ready to harvest. The bromide in the salt is then separated out from the salt crystals before being washed.
- The finished product is a non-ionised and smooth flavoured salt that is not only rich with important minerals such as calcium, iron, potassium and magnesium that boosts human health, it is ideal for seasoning, pickling, preserving and finishing touches that bring out the flavours of any dish from salads and vegetables to meat, poultry and fish.
- Although excessive intake of salt maybe harmful to ones wellbeing, it is paramount that the salt used in your diet is of the very best quality.
Ingredients & Allergens
100% Edible dead sea salt. Packed in an environment that handles nuts.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from sunlight. Avoid grinding over steaming pots as clogging might occur. Replace cap tightly after use.
About Terra Rossa
- Over the last 15 years, Terra Rossa has been bringing awareness to exquisite Arabian cuisine. It offers premium flavours of Great Taste Award-Winning Arabian specialities which form part of the Levantine staple diet covering the Fertile Green Crescent: Palestine, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon – referred to as the Terra Rossa region since biblical times.
- Terra Rossa is an importer and distributor of a wide range of delicious Arabian specialities including olive oils, spices, sweets and essential cooking ingredients. It utilizes these ingredients to produce a unique set of UK hand-made ready-to-eat versatile Arabian sauces, relishes, spreads and herb mixes that simply transform the taste of anything they touch making them ideal for sharing with friends and family as part of the Levantine Mezze.
- It has won 65 Great Taste Awards to date and is the winner of the 2018 Golden Fork Award for Baba’s Rashi & Dibis with Sesame Seeds from London & the South East and would like to think in its own small way it’s been pioneering and instrumental in helping make fine artisan Middle Eastern food accessible to the UK market.